Memorial Day Thank You


It day mean a lot to many people. I am lucky to have my husband come home. He did his time in Iraq and Kosovo. With so many of our men and women leaving their family behind to make sure I can live a save live, I wanted to send a thank you out to them and their families. 


Originally Memorial Day was known as Decoration Day and became an official federal holiday back in 1971. This is because it was a time set aside to honor the nation's civil war dead by decorating their graves.


Today, Memorial Day is celebrated at Arlington National Cemetery with a small American flag that is placed on each grave. It is also customary that the President or the VP to give a speech honoring the dead and lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.


This weekend I have the honor of spending the time with not just one person who served our country but three. Both my Auntie and Uncle served their time so I have live free.


I always try to say thank you when I see a man or woman in uniform. I think it brightens their day knowing that we support them.


What are you going to be doing this weekend and how do you celebrate Memorial Day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*