Brylane Home: Shark Steam Mop

I'm going to be honest. I hate mopping! I don't like to deal with getting out the mop. Feeling the sink full of water and chemicals and then using that to mop the floor. The water always ends up looking filthy dirty within minutes and then I wonder. Is this dirty water really cleaning my floor?

Thankfully Brylane Home sent me a Shark Steam Mop.


My floors were filthy dirty when I received this mop. So it gave me a good chance to test it out.
First the mop comes with 2 rectangular pads, 1 triangular pad, and 2 quick-release cleaning heads: rectangular- for normal cleaning, and triangular- for nooks and crannines. Plus a carpet glider. Plus microfiber clansing pads, telescopic handle, and 510 ml water tank.

My mop was quickly assembled and I was ready to try it out. I set the mop on scrub because my floors were filthy. Most of the spots just disappeared. A few required me to go over the area a couple of times but they were all easy to clean. No hard scrubbing. Area was dry within minutes. So no worrying about keeping people from stepping on my newly cleaned floors.

The only problem I had with this mop is that I had to refill the reservoir a couple of times to clean the kitchen. I'm sure it was because my floors were overly dirty due to my hatred for mopping. With normal usage the water reservoir would be sufficient.

 I love this mop for 3 reasons:
  1.  No chemicals- it just uses water. Simply water and  nothing else. This is great because I don't have to worry about how the chemicals affect my kids, family, environment, pets, etc. I also don't have to worry about having to buy chemicals. I would recommend using distilled water with this. However, even with the expense of buying distilled water it is cheaper than buying all the chemicals you would otherwise have to purchase. Plus water is better is better for kids, family, pets, etc.
  2. It is quick to use. Within minutes I can have this mop out and ready to go. I no longer have to empty a sink or bucket to fill with mop water. I just fill the small reservoir with water and turn on. Then I'm ready to go.
  3.  It is simple to use. I have used a variety of mops and always seem to have a hard time scrubbing off all the dirt on the floor. No longer do I have to hurt my arms and back trying to scrub out a tough dirty spot on my floor.  I can choose the setting on the mop that I need. Choices include: dust- low light cleaning for laminate, bamboo, hardwood. Mop-medium cleaning for hardwood, marble, tile. Scrub-tough cleaning for tile, stone or carpet.  If the spot is really dirty you may have to go over a couple of times but it is super easy to push and doesn't hurt your back or arms. 
Please make sure to visit Brylane Home and let me know what products you like. Be sure to follow them on facebook and twitter to stay up to date with their products and promotions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*