Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother's Day Cloth Sponsor Spotlight: Teeny Turtle

I've been wanting to try an Applecheeks diaper for ages. Teeny Turtle has given me that chance.
Teeny Turtle is a Diaper store located in SC. I wish they were near me because they do demos, cloth diaper parties, and have local events. Teeny Turtle is also a diapering service for those in the area. For those out of area like me they are an online store. They sell a large variety of cloth diapers, detergents, wet bags, wipes, teething necklaces, etc.
I tried out the Applecheeks Bamboo bundle in Wild Child. Applecheeks diapers come in 2 sizes. Size 1 fits 7-20 lbs and Size 2 fits 18-35 + lbs. I chose the size 2 for my little man as he is currently about 21 lbs.
Smallest setting
Largest setting
Diaper and Insert
Huge diaper opening
Front and Back Waist elastic
Front view- fits nice and snug around tummy
Leg elastics fit nicely
Back View
What I like:
Cute print- this print is awesome. I love the animals and I also like how their are cute little apples hidden throughout the design. They also have some nice solid color diapers.
Waist elastic- I love that there is elastic in the front too. This gives the diaper a nice fit around the front with no gaps.
Leg elastic- nice snug fit with no gaps. Not too tight either. No red marks are left on my son with this diaper.
Opening- I like how the opening is big enough to easily stuff the insert  inside. My husband could easily fit his big hands inside to stuff this diaper.
Bamboo insert- I love how absorbent the insert is. Holds up nicely overnights with no leaks. I also like how I can fold the insert differently depending on my needs.
Ease of use- I love how easy this diaper is to just snap on and go. I don't have to mess with additional covers and it fits perfectly.
Trim- I like that this diaper is not bulky like some other cloth diapers. It seems nice and trim against my baby.

Improvements:
While this diaper is toted for having the insert come out in the wash, this did not happen for me. :( I wish it would. I have a feeling this is due to my HE front loading machine as this also happens with another diaper that I have that is suppose to come out in the wash. With the other diaper that feature worked fine, until I got this machine. Therefore, I blame my machine for this feature not working.

Other than that I can not find anything I don't love about this diaper. I've been wanting to try an Applecheeks diaper for months and I'm super excited that I finally got the opportunity. I love this diaper. It is one of my favorites. 

Win it: A lucky reader will get a Applecheeks Bamboo bundle in their choice of color and size as part of the Mother's Day Cloth Hop. Like on facebook and twitter to prepare for the giveaway.

3 comments:

Ishibishi said...

I have never used these diapers and they sound great thanks for the review! the print is really cute as well!

Beth R said...

These look great!! The print is so cute and I love that they have a bamboo insert!! Definitely something to try. Thanks for the review!!

Valerie Michelle said...

That diaper is soooo cute!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)