Jackie Hammill Designs Eye patches

Emarose has had to wear an eye patch for about 3 months now. I'm happy we have found a variety of eye patches to help her. I especially like the patches I found at Jackie Hammill Designs.

Jackie was kind enough to send me a Dora eye patch for review. This is perfect since my daughter loves Dora! The eye patch is made out of a breathable cotton fabric. If the patch gets dirty you can wash it in the washing machine and lay it flat to dry.


I love the fact that I can wash this patch. I know my daughter can get quite messy when playing. So it is nice that I can clean this and have it looking as good as new. I also love knowing that washing it can keep it free from germs.

Another thing that I absolutely love about this shop is the customer service. Her workmanship is guaranteed so if the fabric or stitching break down she will replace it. Also, I love how Jackie is willing to work with you to get the fit just right. She will adjust size, fit, or flexibility of patch if you just ask her. My daughter loved the design of the patch. She loved how it had Dora and even Boots on it. However she said it hurt when she wore it. Emarose didn't like how it felt on the bottom right hand side where it touched her face. I tried washing it, but she still didn't like it. So I asked Jackie about it. She was willing to try adjusting the patch. The second time around she sent me a slightly bigger patch with soft, black flannel for the interior.
Size Comparison of the 2 patches
inside view of patches
Emarose was willing to try the 2nd patch for a few minutes, but in the end still didn't like it that well. She can be quite picky and sometimes not willing to really give it a try. I personally think that if she would wear it for a little bit longer at a time she'd get used to how it feels and like it just fine. I have a feeling the reason she doesn't like this patch is because it is designed slightly differently then the other patches she has. This patch has a part that goes around the front of her glasses and also covers the sides. There is no way that she can peek because it covers the side completely. I'm sure that is part of the reason she doesn't like this patch. The part she doesn't like is where the fabric touches her eye/cheek bones. Her other patches don't touch her there so it may also just be because she isn't used to having something on that part of her face. If she would have tried this patch first, I'm sure she would love it.

While this isn't my daughter's favorite patch, it is mine. I'm not concerned about this patch ripping or tearing like I am with her other patches. The workmanship is very high quality. My daughter is not allowed to take on/off her other patches for fear of her breaking them. I would not worry about this one breaking. I know that my daughter could take it on/off if she wanted to and it would stay nice. The fabric is comfortable and durable.

I also like the fact that there is really no way that Emarose can peek when using this patch. When it is on properly she can't look over, under, or around the patch. The only way she would be able to see out of her right eye is if she took off the glasses and patch. Otherwise it is great for preventing peeking.
The shop also has a variety of patch designs including:  Hello Kitty, Thomas the Train, Toy Story, Mickey Mouse, Sponge Bob, Batman, Balls, Butterflies, etc.  If you want something that you don't see in her shop, just ask. She is willing to do custom orders. The price is reasonable at $15 a patch. I know this price may seem like a lot, but this patch will last for years. You can reuse it, and don't have to worry about it breaking. It will pay for itself within a month or two of patching.

Please make sure you follow Jackie Hamill Designs on Etsy.

Comments

Unknown said…
I never knew eye patches could be so cute! How adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*