Kelly Kits (12 days of Gifts Galore)

I am a busy mom with 2 kids. My kids like to do craft projects on occasion. Sometimes I see some cute projects online that I want to try, but we don't have the stuff. Either that or it looks too complicated and difficult for me to really complete with my 5 and 2 year old.

Kelly Kits is a wonderful solution to my crafting problems. Kelly Kits has an monthly subscription program that delivers art projects with all the needed supplies directly to you. No more starting a craft project and discovering your missing glue, sequins, buttons, etc. to finish it.  I love the fact that the kit comes with what you need to complete the project. It is also nice that you can get a different project each month. I like having the ability to do arts and crafts with my kids without having to spend tons of time looking for projects for them.

I was sent the Kelly Klay Kit that features sculpting. This kit had the Kelly Klay package along with directions for use, curriculum ideas, ideas for educational conversations, and a masterpiece challenge.

The klay did require some basic ingredients found at home to make- water, oil, sauce pan, stove, small bowl, and spoon or fork.

To make you put the dry Klay into a bowl. Then measure out water, and oil and boil those in a saucepan on the stove.  The boiling mixture gets poured over the dry mixture and then mixed with a spoon or fork. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before using.

My Klay turned out a little dry and crumbly. Why? Because, I failed to do a couple things according to the directions. I ended up mixing the dry klay into the hot mixture instead of pouring the hot mixture over the dry mixture. I also got distracted with potty training and fussy kids while my oil and water were boiling. I think I ended up leaving them boiling for too long and may have lost some due to evaporation. Those are my guesses as to why it was crumbly.

How did I fix it? I just added a few drops of water at a time to my Klay until it was a better consistency.

Once made, I let my kids have fun sculpting. Both my 2 and 5 year old loved working with the Klay and rolling it into various shapes. Of course they had to break out cookie cutters and rolling pins to use with the Klay.


After they built for a little while I discussed Dough Sculpture as an folk art form in China with them. My kids are young so I kept this simple, but for older kids you could go into more details.

I like that Kelly Kits offers simple, easy projects for the kids to do and helps you teach about Art in the process.

Visit Kelly Kits website at www.kellykits.com and our social mediums; facebook, youtube, twitter, pinterest & flicker.

You have 2 awesome chances to win an annual subscription to Kelly Kits.
1. Enter here on Facebook.
2. Enter the 12 days of Gifts Galore event

Both of those are separate contests so make sure you enter both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*