Apple pie Chimichangas recipes


Ok guys I just had to share this with you. Last night we had a family and my sister asked me to bring dessert. Not knowing what to make I turned to pintrest and found this great Apple pie Chimichangas recipes that I just had to try. It looked really easy for the most part all it is is apple pie filling rolled into a tortilla and cover with cinnamon sugar! 

Here is what you are going to need for the apple pie filling:
  • 4 pealed and chopped apples 
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 cornstarch (I used flour so I could use the extra as a sauce over the Chimichangas)
  • 3/4 sugar
  • 1/2  brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 salt
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Get a medium size pan and add the water, cornstarch (or flour), brown sugar, suagr, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon. Let this all come to a boil. Then add the chopped apples, and then put on low. Let this cook for about 15 minutes or until the apples are a little soft. (I used the brylanehome carbon steel non-stick pot)

Then let the mixture cool. I put it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool it down quicker. Once it is cool get your tortilla and put a small scoop on it. Then put the two sides in and roll it up, this way there is nothing that comes out.  

While you are doing this add a small amount of veggie oil to a pan to get hot. (again I am using my brylanehome carbon steel non-stick pan)


Let each side brown, this will only take a few minutes. 

The once you are done put it onto a paper towel to allow the extra oil drain. Then roll it into the cinnamon sugar mixture. I then used the extra sauce to pour over the Chimichangas, if you don't have any sauce left over then you can use/get some caramel too.
The best way to enplane what this taste like is... imagine a chiro and an apple pie getting together and having a baby... that is what it tastes like!

Comments

I never heard of chimichangas being a desert but it sure looks good.
Chris said…
Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/
Daisy B said…
This recipe is AWESOME!
Not sure what a chiro is, but this looks really good. I love apple deserts when the apples are nice and cooked.

Popular posts from this blog

Herbal Body Wrap for slimming, toning and detox

Dual Language Books

Yoga Spinner By Think Fun