Apple pie Chimichangas recipes


Ok guys I just had to share this with you. Last night we had a family and my sister asked me to bring dessert. Not knowing what to make I turned to pintrest and found this great Apple pie Chimichangas recipes that I just had to try. It looked really easy for the most part all it is is apple pie filling rolled into a tortilla and cover with cinnamon sugar! 

Here is what you are going to need for the apple pie filling:
  • 4 pealed and chopped apples 
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 cornstarch (I used flour so I could use the extra as a sauce over the Chimichangas)
  • 3/4 sugar
  • 1/2  brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 salt
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Get a medium size pan and add the water, cornstarch (or flour), brown sugar, suagr, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon. Let this all come to a boil. Then add the chopped apples, and then put on low. Let this cook for about 15 minutes or until the apples are a little soft. (I used the brylanehome carbon steel non-stick pot)

Then let the mixture cool. I put it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool it down quicker. Once it is cool get your tortilla and put a small scoop on it. Then put the two sides in and roll it up, this way there is nothing that comes out.  

While you are doing this add a small amount of veggie oil to a pan to get hot. (again I am using my brylanehome carbon steel non-stick pan)


Let each side brown, this will only take a few minutes. 

The once you are done put it onto a paper towel to allow the extra oil drain. Then roll it into the cinnamon sugar mixture. I then used the extra sauce to pour over the Chimichangas, if you don't have any sauce left over then you can use/get some caramel too.
The best way to enplane what this taste like is... imagine a chiro and an apple pie getting together and having a baby... that is what it tastes like!

Comments

I never heard of chimichangas being a desert but it sure looks good.
tm said…
This recipe is AWESOME!
Not sure what a chiro is, but this looks really good. I love apple deserts when the apples are nice and cooked.

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*