Educational Insights


Educational Insights is a company that offers a wide variety of educational products for parents and teachers. They have many wonderful items that I'm sure my kids would love to use.
I was sent the Magic Moves Electronic Wand. I have a 5 year old daughter, a 3 year old son, plus a 2 year old that I babysit. This product says good for ages 3+ but the 2 year old enjoys using this as much as my kids do.

The magic wand is a handheld wand that lights up. My kids loved watching the lights. Push a button on the wand and it gives you a direction such as spin like a merry go round or stomp like a dinosaur. The kids then listen to the direction and act out whatever command was given.

I love that this gets my kids to follow directions. Listening and following directions is an important skill that is sometimes hard for a young child. All 3 kids loved playing with this and acting out the directions given.



Another plus about this wand is that it encourages physical activity. Many kids these days love the t.v. and iPad and don't get as much physical activity as they need. This makes it fun to get up and get moving. It was so much fun to watch my kids do the commands and even join in with them. They would get excited, laugh, be silly, and just have a blast. It is a feel good toy for everyone.

In addition to promoting listening skills, following directions, and physical movement this toy also builds a child's vocabulary.  A wide variety of words are used including spin, stomp, sway, prowl, creep, leap, etc.

The wand includes 90 different commands, a repeat button to press to hear the command again.

As a former preschool teacher this toy would be perfect for in the classroom. It promotes many of the skills that are needed to make learning a success.

I love the physical play that this toy encourages and how it can easily be used inside on a rainy or extremely hot day (I live in AZ and it is still 100+ degrees outside during the day so too hot to play outside). My kids get the exercise they need without worrying about overheating or getting sunburned.

My kids have even used this wand as a pretend microphone by not pushing the play button. I love watching them use their imaginations.

The only downside is that my kids are still learning to share. So sometimes they fight over who gets to hold it. That said, it is easy to set limits and take turns being the one holding the wand.

This toy was a hit in my household. Check out their facebook, twitter, and newsletter pages to keep up to date with Educational Insights.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*