Holiday Gift Guide: Lakeshore learning Add it Up Archery Set

You may recall I have a love for anything educational. So Lakeshore learning is a store that I love.  I knew I wanted to include them as part of our Holiday Guide.

I choose the Add it up Archery Set for my 6 year old daughter. I knew she would enjoy it.

Add it up Archery Set

The set comes disassembled in a box. Set includes 4 arrows, a bow, quiver, target, and stand. It measures 19 3/4" x 38 1/2" tall.

disassembled set out of the box.
Put together (Photo taken inside...Do not Use this product inside!)
The set was easy to assemble. Simply place the three brackets on the back side of the target and then attach the legs to the brackets.

Since this is an archery set, it should only be used Outside.

Prior to use, I had to go over some simple safety rules with my daughter:
  • Only shoot the arrows at the target! We do not shoot at people, air, or anything except the target.
  • Make sure that nobody is in the shooting area or beside you while shooting.
  • Make sure that you aren't wearing anything that might catch the arrows like loose baggy clothing.
  • Only retrieve arrows after all arrows have been shot.
The rules were simple enough and she was soon ready to play. I showed her how to hold the bow and shoot the arrows. She then started trying herself. Since this is new to her, it might take her some practice to get good.

The set offers some different options of games. You can shoot 2, 3, or 4 arrows and add up your score. Comparing them to another players score. For younger players you can just identify the numbers correctly and keep track of most number correct. For older players you can even add subtraction. I love how the game involves outdoor play and learning. I like how I can vary the math skills used based on the skill level of the players.

This game is very fun for the kids and is at the perfect height for them.

Lakeshore Learning is offering a 20% off coupon to our readers.  http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/general_content/store_locations/coupons/staticCoupon7608.jsp
Coupon Expires 12/31/13. 

Be sure to visit Lakeshore learning on facebook and twitter to stay up to date with products and promotions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*