Educational Insights Hot Dots

As you may know, I love educational toys for my kids. So of course I was thrilled when I had the opportunity to review Hot Dots grade 1 Math  from Educational Insights

I loved that this was something I could get my daughter to keep her thinking over the holiday break.
Math set includes 2 books and 1 interactive pen


measurement and time
subtraction facts and patterns
Hot dots requires 2 batteries for the interactive pen. Then you simply press the pen down on the dot matching the answer to the question. If you get the answer right the pen makes "correct answer" noises and lights green. If you get the answer wrong the pen makes "wrong answer" noises and lights red.

The books feature a variety of math skills including:
  • patterns
  • time
  • shapes/geometry
  • measurement
  • math facts
  • money
  • place value
 The set has 100 lessons and includes some challenge lessons to prepare kids for the next grade level.

My daughter has really enjoyed this set. In fact, the first time she did it she worked through 30 pages of the book. Each page has 2 problems on it.

I love that the book shows which skill the problem is working on. I could easily open up to money, math facts, time, etc to have my daughter work on skills that she needs to practice.

The pen seems to work well. I have noticed that a couple times my daughter didn't have the pen positioned exactly on the answer dot. So just be sure you are positioning the pen on the dot and not on a picture. Otherwise you might be told you are wrong.

I also love how easy it is for my daughter to use this product. She can do it without my assistance. Since my daughter enjoys this set so much, I know she will get the practice she needs with a variety of math skills.

Subscribe to Educational Insights newsletter and follow on facebook to stay up to date with products and promotions.

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

 } I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*