If you were me and lived in Australia

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

This last month, my son's preschool focus was on the country of Australia and ocean life. So I was thrilled when I was able to review an  If you were me and lived in Australia book.

This book is a perfect introduction to the culture of Australia at a level perfect for any preschool or young Elementary school child.
The book talks about how Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere and that the name Australia comes from latin meaning south. It shows a picture of where Australia is located on a globe as well a picture of Australia showing where the capitol is locatad.
Other items included in the book are a  pronunciation guide, common names, some points of interest- Great Barrier Reef, some cities- Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra. It also talks about the game Cricket and Australia day. 

I was also surprised to receive an Australian flag with my book. It was an added surprise and my kids loved to wave the flag around.

The book was simple enough for a young child, yet could be expanded on for older children. My kids both enjoyed reading it. It was also enjoyed by all the preschool/kindergarteners in my son's class. They enjoyed having him bring it in for show and tell.

If you want to introduce your kids to other cultures then this is a book for you.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*