Vtech Lil' Speller Phonics Station

I received this product in order to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided.
 The phonics speller is designed for kids ages 3-6. I have a 4 year old son and thought this toy would be perfect for him. I loved that he could learn letter sounds, letter order, and even create a word using this set.

It came with 26 letter blocks and 4 extra blocks for spelling words like mom and dad.

You can place any letter block into the bottom to hear the letter names and sounds. I love how my son can learn the letter names and sounds and have fun doing it.

Since my son is mostly still learning the names and sounds he wasn't really ready for the letter order part. To do that part you are given 2 letters and fill in the missing one. For example xy? then you'd choose z for the missing letter. Sometimes the missing letter was in the middle or beginning. I know that as he gets older this feature will come in handy.

The word explorer lets you put in any three letter blocks to create a word. My main con with this product is that not all the words are recognized. The first 3 words I tried to use were not recognized. They were see, sea, and set. The product did include a list with all the words that it does recognize. When you build a recognized word the phonics station will show a picture of that word. For example Saw showed a picture of a saw.
The blocks all store inside this product which also has a handle. It can easily travel with you.

Overall the product is a nice learning toy that my son will enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*