Matcha Green Tea Smoothie

I am always looking for ways to get more greens in my diet. I was raised on green beans, salad (iceberg) and corn as vegetables. So I have had trouble learning to enjoy more veggies. I started drinking green smoothies as a fast and easy way to incorporate more greens. But I had to choke them down because I didn't love the flavor. In my experimentation of finding ways to make a green smoothie that didn't taste like I was drinking lawn clippings I found a suggestion. Matcha Green Tea I was excited to try adding this to my smoothie, which included; the green tea powder, power greens, ice, a touch of honey, and two packs of True Lemon, I have also used the lime and orange to mix it up. This makes for a tart yet refreshing smoothie that is enjoyable to drink. (and doesn't taste like the lawn.) A little green tea powder goes a long way. It was about two teaspoons in my full sized glass.
Don't let the color scare you it really is a yummy drink and the benefits of green tea are awesome. Not only will you feel better you will have more energy, and what mom doesn't want a healthy way to get more energy.



Check out this page for more information on the benefits of green tea and all the ways you can use it.



Comments

Unknown said…
I am not a big tea drinker but I might try it as a smoothie. Thank you.
bdisimone said…
thanks for this review, it shows the many ways you can use tea and i like that because the ones i have tried taste like grass lol
slehan said…
I don't like drinking what tastes like grass, either. Might have to try this one.

slehan at juno dot com

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*