Yeah that is normal....


I saw this picture today and really felt like it hit home. Having kids is hard work. Moms make it look so easy and like kids are sweet and cute all the time. So I was excited to have kids when I grew up. They would be well behaved and quite and polite...... but now that I am a mom of three kids a 4 year old, 2 year old and 4 month old. There are days where I am scared. I have always been afraid to tell my doctor that I have bad days. Now let me say this right now, I would never and I mean NEVER hurt my kids. The times I have had to spank them has made me feel sick and bad as it is, and that does not happen much. Any who... I was always scared to talk to my doctor about it for two reasons, one he would put me on an antidepressant or they would call CPS. Yes I live in a world where I am so worry that if I so much as say my kids make me stressed at times that someone would call CPS and have them take them away.




After having my third baby I learn... its normal to be stress out by your kids. This does not make you a bad person or a bad parent. It makes you human. I have come to see other moms who have kids who are just a crazy as mine are. We all have day where we are sick and tired of saying to pick things up, or stop yelling your brother is asleep! Here is what I have learned to do to help me with my stressful days:

1. Go lock myself in my room/bathroom for about 5-10 minutes and get it together. This might sound crazy because you are leave your kid.... (put them in a safe spot if they are young or have someone there at your house watch them for a few) but it will help.
2. Go for a walk with them. I know last thing you want to do is to talk your kids out. But they love to go outside and even its around the block you all can burn a little energy off.
3. Put your head phone on and do some dishes. This way you can still see what they are doing but don't have to hear them yelling. Its good for about a song or two. Then turn the music up so they can hear and dance it out!
4. Breath and remember there is always a mom out there is has it worse!
5. Get a sitter at least once a month and go have you time, even if its at the park, Starbucks or a movie you need down time too.

Remember it is normal to be stress out and it is ok to talk to people about it. It does not make you any less of a good parent.

Comments

Unknown said…
I sometimes have to leave the room and calm down. I know kids are kids and no one is perfect. They keep us going and they do put a smile on our faces. I love to watch my girls grow and learn new things.

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*