Lemon Lime Whipped Shea Butter


I love making home made gifts. You can personalize them and make them unique. I like having the supplies on hand so if I need a gift fast I can whip one up. (no pun intended, well maybe a little) Last Christmas I made bath bombs and bath salts, so this year I wanted to do something different. I have never used shea butter before so I wanted to get an early start in coming up with the the perfect recipe for this years Christmas gift.

Whipped Shea Butter is my favorite way to moisturize my feet. I love how soft it makes them feel, I rub some on before bed and pop on a pair of socks. It has kept my feet lovely and soft all summer. But buying it in the store is so expensive. or the quality is nothing to rave about. So I grabbed a bag of BioFinest Premium Raw Unrefined Shea Butter whipped up my own batch of whipped shea butter.




Here is what I used


  • 4 oz unrefined shea butter
  • 2 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil
  • 5 drops lemon oil
  • 5 drops lime oil



The tools needed are, electric mixer, measuring spoons, spatula, mixing bowl, and jar for finished product.



Mix the 4oz of shea butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil together with a fork. Mash it up breaking the shea butter into smaller chunks.




Mix on high for 3-5 minutes until you have a smooth, creamy fluffy texture.
Add your lemon and lime oil and mix for another minute. 



Add to the jar and you are done! It's that easy. 

Here is where you can mix it up. You can use any oil, like olive oil or almond oil. I just liked the smell of the coconut oil with the lemon and lime. You can also use different essential oils to fit your mood. If you want a stronger scent you can use more oil.

I use DoTerra oils which and be bought HERE
The Shea Butter can be picked up on AMAZON

Comments

Lauryn R said…
Mmm the scent of this sounds amazing! I have never homemade anything like this before, I will definitely give it a try!

Popular posts from this blog

Tommee Tippee giveaway

Banana Brush review and giveaway 6/30

Milkin' Cookies reviews & giveaway *CLOSED*